Flowers and decorative compositions have become very popular among Belarusian masters from the mid 1980-ies. However, they straw flowers as the subject of folk art appeared much earlier. Straw flowers made by the residents of the villages of Western Belarus in the first half of the 20th century. There is evidence that straw bouquets also served as the inhabitants of other regions of Belarus. Their song was simple: painted straw was doing loops, which gathered in the lush blossoms. There was also another variety of colors: from round chopped Solomin who gathered in inflorescences, similar to blossoms dahlias.
Modern masters has developed many new methods of making straw flowers. To create them they use round and split straw, straw loops, beads, a variety of flat and three-dimensional weaving. Composition of straw flowers combined with dried flowers and other natural materials to harmonize with any modern interior. They are also the basis of compositions of straw hats and wreaths. Small delicate openwork leaves, complemented by light hinges and beads, can be the basis for a small brooches or hair clips.
Despite the great variety of compositional combinations of elements in colors, all masters in their manufacture adhere to the same technological sequence:
developed sketch of a flower;
prepare all the necessary elements of straw;
preparing the flower stalk, which can be made for smaller flowers, wire wrapped straw ribbon and larger flowers — from the wooden twig;
flower is going on the handle, starting at the top from the center.
The flower on the straw-based loops (size 65x15 cm).
40 long Solomin from the upper part of the stem with a diameter of 1.5 mm for run of twisted tangles;
5 long straws from the top of the stem orange for twisted weave;
44 straw tape yellow-orange color with a width of 6 mm and a length of 15 cm for loops;
26 straw ribbon orange color width of 6 mm and a length of 15 cm for loops;
4 thatched natural color tape of width 1 cm and length 20 cm for production of leaves;
35 Solomin from the upper part of the stem with a diameter of 1.5 mm and a length of 9 cm for the stamens of a flower;
wooden stick 50 cm long, with a diameter of 5-6 mm for the stalk of a flower;
thread # 10, white glue, scissors.
twisted loop ;
flat loop ;
twisted braid of 6 Solomin .
Execution of the work.
1. In the upper part of the cutting link 6 Solomin from the top of the stalk: take a straw 4 natural color and 2 straw orange color. The orange strips evenly between the strips a natural color. Weave the middle of the flower in the technique of bulk twisted netting from 6 Solomin, the height of the volute element 4.5 cm, the largest diameter of 3 cm (figure 5.86).
2. Of colored straw ribbons of yellow-orange and orange color, do 70 round loops (figure 5.86 b).
3. Take the straw, prepared for the stamens of the flower. Spread it evenly stranded around a Central element and is firmly tied with a thread at its base. For convenience, attach a straw on the handle 5-6 pieces. Length of stamens is 8 cm (figure 5.86). Attaching lubricate the glue.
4. To the place of attachment of the stamens tie loop, distributing them in the 6-7 tier. First tie a loop of yellow-orange color, then orange. Loop establish one by placing them tightly without gaps. The attachment loops smear glue and close loops for the next level. Gradually you will produce lush Corolla of the flower (figure 5.86 g).
5. Trim protruding ends of straws at the bottom of the fixture, optionally, tie the ends with threads, giving them a cone shape with the top down (figure 5.86 d).
6. Tie to the stem of the flower, just behind the place of fastening of loops, 6 long straws from the top of the stem to complete the bottom of the calyx. The ends of the straws will be hiding in the weave. Appetite in the technique of twisted netting from 6 Solomin attachment under the base of the loops, completely closing the thread (figure 5.86).
7. Run from the thatched strips of width 1 cm and length 20 cm 4 flat loop. Tie them to the stalk of the flower at a distance of 15 cm from the Cup.
8. Appetite the place of fastening of loops of twisted braid of 6 Solomin, the same way you did the flower.
You can think a variety of variations of this flower by introducing new elements, setting a certain rhythm in their arrangement.
Next, consider a flower with a wire stem and petals woven from split straw.
Braided flower petals (height 45 cm, calyx 10x14 cm).
60 Solomin from the upper part of the stem with a diameter of 1 mm and a length of 12 cm to complete the middle part of the flower;
170 narrow strips split straws with a width of 3 mm and a length of 30— 35 cm each to run petals;
12 Solomin from the middle part of the stem with a diameter of 2.5 mm and a length of 30— 35 cm to perform the "chains";
30 long straws from the top of the stem with a diameter of 1.5 mm for run of twisted tangles;
flexible wire with a diameter of 1.5— 2 mm and a length of 40 cm for the stem of the flower;
thread No. 10, line No. 2, needle, PVA glue, scissors.
a simple twist of the 6 Solomin ;
braid "chain" of 2 Solomin ;
flat braid "catfish" with a bend (2nd option) ;
twisted braid of 6 Solomin .
Execution of the flower.
1. Take the wire, tie one end of the straw strip width 4-5 mm Wrap wire in a spiral strip straw, tightly stacking the coils of the rows, without gaps. If necessary, tape nastavite new. The junction position on the site, which subsequently closed leaves of the flower (figure 5.87).
2. On one end of the wire impose the straw, prepared for the middle of the flower. Follow these two dressings, one position 1.5—2 cm below the end of the wire, and the second immediately after the end of the wire. Tape the straw firmly, attaching grease glue (figure 5.87 b).
3. Weave of straw bands prepared for petal flower, 4 petal length 7 cm and 14 petal length 9 see the Beginning of the petals make a "triangle" and then put another 5 straw ribbons. Netting complete in braids for the number of straws of 6 or more.
4. Wet petals athlete and tformula iron, giving them a curved S-shape. 4 small petals make the flower bend inward. Obverse side of the petals are turned inside of the flower (figure 5.87).
3. Weave of Solomin, prepared for weaving "chains", 6 braided, length 16 cm each. For weaving straw associate the two together. From weaving make 6 round loops.
4. Around mid flower tie 6 loops of braided "chain". The level of binding loops to compare with the proportions of the middle of the flower (figure 5.87 g).
5. The next tier will make 4 small petals in length by 7 cm Tie them so that they were seeing the inside of a flower. The height of the petals corresponds to the height of the loops of the "chain" (figure 5.87 d). Attaching promazhte glue.
6. Tie evenly around the perimeter of 7 large petals. They are deployed in the outer side of the flower. After the petals are attached, sew them together side-to-side butt joint in the middle part of the petals for the length of 1-1,5 see Thus you will form a calyx. For stitching it is better to use fishing line. Stitches hide under a woven straw strips (figure 5.87).
7. Bind the last tier of the 7 petals, arranging them in a staggered manner in relation to the petals of the previous layer. These petals give a greater bend at the top of the petal to Cup it turned out wider. The sides of adjacent petals also sew. Place binding the petals and spread with glue.
8. Remove all protruding ends of the straws at the site of attachment of the petals, forming a small cone. If necessary, additionally secure the elements of the flower thread and apply glue. The mounting location should be neat and not very large (figure 5.87 d).
9. Below the attachment link 6 Solomin from the top of the stem. Appetite fixing elements flower twisted braid (figure 5.87).
The run leaves.
1. Weave 6 petals, using the scheme of weaving "catfish" with a bend. Start braiding from the stumble of the area, putting an additional 3 straw ribbon. Petals tformula iron.
2. Conditionally define on the stem 3 of the attachment couples to the petals. Tie the first pair. Attaching braid twisted braid of 6 Solomin. Next, you bind sequentially the second and third pair of leaves.
3. At the end of the wire stem stick a small straw tube, covering the place of attachment of the straw ribbon to the wire.
"Willow". Based on the technology of making flowers it is possible to develop large vertical compositions on a single stem. Their traditions they take from the Easter branches, which are produced in Lithuania and close to it the territories of Belarus, — "Kazakov", or "Roscosmos". The branches were made from dried flowers and herbs accumulated in vertical composition, the elements of which organized rhythmic tier, vertical or spiral lines. This principle taken by the Belarusian masters to create compositions of straw. They can be used as elements: loop, petals of different weaves, glued to the netting or straw beads and more complex: bells, small flowers etc.
Basic forms layout controls vertically — cylindrical and conical, it is possible to change the cylindrical shape into an oval, or a combination of two or more ovals, and other shapes (figure 5.88 a, b, C, d). The main thing — respect the rhythm and proportions, but there is one condition: the optimal number of different elements and forms (it can vary from 2 to 5). The altitude of the songs may be different, usually it is 50-70 cm