Applications found spread in creating the decor and the decorative compositions of a variety of items of decorative art. In the techniques of curvilinear and geometric appliques can be made small songs on postcards and bookmarks, as well as large decorative panels, composition, application, decorating the surface of utilitarian and decorative items: cutting boards, boxes, chests, bread bins.
Depending on the purpose and shape of an object, the master determines its composition. In the design of utilitarian products (boxes, chests, etc.) or just decorative purposes (panels, Easter eggs, etc.) follows different criteria for the composition and decoration, which are dictated by each subject individually.
Despite the large variety of products and differences in the development of decor and arrangements, there are common stages of preparation and carrying out of works.
Getting started on a piece, try to adhere to the following generic scheme:
1) define the object that you will create (decorative panels, box, etc.), and the technique of execution of an application (geometric or curvilinear);
2) determine the type of composition (ornamental, plot) and theme;
3) develop sketches of the composition, graphics and color;
4) consider technology (the direction of the decks, texture decks) and the sequence of the elements of the composition;
5) prepare surfaces for the application (coating ground wood and cardboard surfaces, stretching of tissue on the base, etc.);
6) prepare the necessary straw ribbon colors, for curvilinear application of straw ribbon glue layers;
7) proceed to the execution of the composition in the material adhering to the technological features of geometric and curvilinear execution of an application;
8) place the product (panels, place in a frame on the surface of the boxes and Easter eggs, if necessary, apply a pinning layers of lacquer, etc.).
Consider the examples of some decorating products with different purpose and different shape surfaces. Let's start with products that do not require the execution of complex compositions, and then move on to more complex products. The degree of complexity you decorative compositions you can define individually depending on your experience and fitness.